DXB is ready for the holiday rush
Dubai International Airport (DXB) is gearing up to receive large numbers of passengers as residents depart Dubai at the end of the holy month of Ramadan and during the Eid al-Fitr holidays starting this weekend.
Around 1.9 million travellers are expected to pass through DXB between April 29 and May 9, with average daily traffic exceeding 177,000 passengers. The busiest day is expected to be May 7, when passenger numbers will exceed the 200,000 mark.
As always, DXB is working with airlines, regulatory authorities, commercial and service partners to ensure a smooth and comfortable experience for all customers. Those travelling during this peak period can make their trip smooth and comfortable by following a few simple tips.
– Familiarise yourself with the latest travel regulations in the place you are travelling to. We encourage passengers to contact the relevant airlines and make sure they have all the necessary documents with the required expiry date before arriving at the airport.
– Travellers over the age of 12 can use the Smart Gates system to speed up the passport control process.
– If you depart from Terminal 1, arrive at the airport at least 3 hours before your flight. To save time, use online check-in.
– Those travelling from Terminal 3 can use the convenient early check-in Emirate and the self-service check-in system.
– Roads to the airport can be congested during peak hours. It is best to plan extra time to travel to and from the airport.
– Relatives and well-wishers can say goodbye to you at home, as entry to the departure area is restricted to passengers with tickets during peak hours.
– Once at the airport, travellers can take advantage of DXB’s full range of services, including restaurants, duty-free shops and lounges, to relax before their flight.
.@DXB is gearing up to welcome a surge of passengers at the end of the holy month of Ramadan and through the Eid Al Fitr holidays starting this weekend. #Dubai https://t.co/oOwdLoSBr9 pic.twitter.com/Ij7lWpeCHa— Dubai Media Office (@DXBMediaOffice) April 28, 2022
Follow our Telegram Chanel