Dubai Airports starts Northern Runway Renovation Project
Dubai Airports has confirmed that the project to rebuild the Northern Runway at Dubai International Airport (DXB) is ready to start work from today, 9 May, until 22 June 2022.
As a result of the necessary work, the world’s busiest international airport will see its operations reduced to a single runway. To minimise the inconvenience to our guests, more than 1,000 flights per week will arrive and depart from Dubai World Central (DWC) during the 45-day period, with the majority operated by flydubai, El Al, Spice Jet and Indigo.
As always, Dubai Airports works with airlines, regulatory authorities, commercial and service partners to ensure a seamless and comfortable experience for all customers. Those travelling during this short transition period can make their journey smooth and comfortable by following a few simple tips:
– Check the departure airport and terminal before travelling by contacting your chosen airline or visiting DubaiAirports.ae.
– Take advantage of the free bus service between all terminals at DXB and DWC.
– Take advantage of special Uber fares by using the code DWC2022 in the Uber app.
– Passengers travelling from DWC can take advantage of free airport parking.
– Enjoy the facilities at DWC including restaurants, duty-free shops and lounges to relax before your flight.
. @DubaiAirports has confirmed that the Northern Runway Rehabilitation project at Dubai International @DXB is ready to commence from today, May 9 until June 22, 2022. https://t.co/CugJA2wU78 pic.twitter.com/pRkIKg9fuJ— Dubai Media Office (@DXBMediaOffice) May 9, 2022
Follow our Telegram Chanel