Dubai releases calendar of events for 2023
Dubai’s Festivals and Retail Authority has published the city’s calendar of events and sales for 2023. The calendar is packed with events that aim to make Dubai one of the world’s best cities to live, work and visit.
It includes 12 months of seasonal festivals and campaigns to promote the entertainment and retail segment. It has also been tailored to the preferences of tourists and business travellers to make the most of the growing tourist traffic.
● Dubai Shopping Festival kicks off as early as December 15 and runs until January 29, 2023. It is the longest running shopping festival in the region and is accompanied by a variety of discounts, promotions, sales and incredible prizes. Traditionally, the festival concludes with a grand sale.
● Chinese New Year, a themed festival for visitors from China to mark the start of the Year of the Rabbit in the oriental calendar, will take place in Dubai from 20 to 29 January.
● The launch of the spring/summer collection. The event aims to showcase the latest in fashion and boost sales by supporting major and local brands across the city.
● Ramadan in Dubai and Eid Al Fitr in Dubai, unique spiritual events that are accompanied by family and cultural activities, promotions and citywide sales, will take place between 23 March and 27 April 2023.
● The Dubai Gastronomy Festival will take place after Ramadan, from 28 April to 7 May 2023, and for the 10th time will offer Dubai residents and visitors the opportunity to experience the best gastronomic offerings and dishes from both local and international cuisine.
● The three-day Super Sale is a much-anticipated biannual event. It brings together leading brands and retailers to offer goods at discounts of up to 90% for three days in malls across Dubai. The dates will be announced additionally.
● Eid Al Adha in Dubai is a festival of sacrifice that is also accompanied by cultural, entertainment and city fireworks. It is worth looking forward to between 29 June and 9 July 2023.
● Dubai Summer Surprises, a family-friendly shopping and entertainment festival during the summer. From 29 July to 3 September 2023, there will be plenty of promotions, shows and performances, as well as raffles for big prizes. Children will be treated to the famous Modesh World Lunopark. The festival also ends with a grand sale.
● “Back to School” – a sale of children’s and school goods before the start of the new school year. In 2023, it will delight mall visitors and parents from 7 August to 3 September.
● The autumn/winter collection is launched ahead of the cooler season for style-conscious shoppers. Dates to be announced.
● Dubai Home Festival, a traditional festival and sale of home goods and furnishings, is scheduled to take place from 13 to 27 October 2023. Furniture and appliances will also be on sale at attractive prices.
● Dubai Fitness Challenge, an annual fitness and wellness festival designed to make Dubai the world’s most athletic and active city, will kick off next year on October 28 and end on November 26, 2023.
● Diwali in Dubai, the Indian festival of lights and the triumph of good over evil, is also accompanied by themed events, sales and, of course, evening fireworks. It will take place from 3 to 16 November 2023.
● UAE National Day is celebrated from 1 to 3 December. Next year, the Emirates will celebrate the 52nd anniversary of unification. The celebration will be accompanied by urban decorations, promotional activities and fireworks.
Source: Gulf News
Follow our Telegram Chanel