Big online sale kicks off in Dubai
Dubai is set to host its first major online sale with discounts of up to 95% from 14 to 16 April, with major online retailers taking part to offer Ramadan and Eid al-Fitr gifts.
Online platforms Ounass, Noon, Azadea, 6th Street, Mall of The Emirates, Mom Store, The Red Carpet, V Perfume, Carrefour, Virgin Megastore, Jumbo, Lacoste, Centrepoint, Namshi and many more (nearly 60 platforms) will be participating in the grand sale. Through this general online promotion, the Dubai government plans to support retailers.
Shoppers will get discounts on fashion clothing and footwear, accessories, baby products, cosmetics and perfumes, jewellery, watches, electronics, household items and other consumer goods. Visit www.greatonlinesale.com for details of discounts and a chance to win AED 10,000 in cash.
The Dubai Festival and Retail Authority has previously published a calendar of city events and sales for 2023. The calendar is packed with events whose aim is to make Dubai one of the world’s best cities to live, work and visit.
● The Dubai Gastronomy Festival will take place after Ramadan from 28 April to 7 May 2023 and will offer Dubai residents and visitors for the 10th time the best gastronomic offerings and cuisines from both local and international cuisine.
● The three-day Super Sale is a much-anticipated biannual event. It brings together leading brands and retailers to offer goods at discounts of up to 90% for three days in malls across Dubai. The dates will be announced additionally.
● Eid Al Adha in Dubai is a festival of sacrifice that is also accompanied by cultural, entertainment and city fireworks. It is worth expecting between 29 June and 9 July 2023.
● Dubai Summer Surprises, a family-friendly shopping and entertainment festival during the summer period. From 29 July to 3 September 2023, there will be plenty of promotions, shows and performances, as well as raffles for big prizes. Children will be treated to the famous Modesh World Lunopark. The festival also ends with a grand sale.
● “Back to School” – a sale of children’s and school goods before the start of the new school year. In 2023, it will delight mall visitors and parents from 7 August to 3 September.
● The autumn/winter collection is launched ahead of the cooler season for style-conscious shoppers. Dates to be announced.
● Dubai Home Festival, a traditional festival and sale of home goods and furnishings, is scheduled to take place from 13 to 27 October 2023. Furniture and appliances will also be on sale at attractive prices.
● Dubai Fitness Challenge, an annual fitness and wellness festival designed to make Dubai the world’s most athletic and active city, will kick off next year on October 28 and end on November 26, 2023.
Diwali in Dubai, the Indian festival of lights and triumph of good over evil, is also accompanied by themed events, sales and, of course, evening fireworks. It will take place from 3 to 16 November 2023.
● UAE National Day is celebrated from 1 to 3 December. Next year, the Emirates will celebrate the 52nd anniversary of unification. The celebration will be accompanied by urban decorations, promotional activities and fireworks.
Source: Khaleej Times
Follow our Telegram Chanel