Pakistan Medical Centre

Pakistan Medical Centre provides free treatment to UAE residents

The first not-for-profit Pakistan Medical Centre, located in the Ud Meta district of the Emirate of Dubai, provides free medical treatment to thousands of UAE residents every year.

According to Dr Faisal Ikram, President of the Pakistan Association of Dubai, the centre employs more than 40 highly qualified doctors of various nationalities, including Indians, Italians, Pakistanis, Arabs and many others. The multinational staff is a true example of tolerance, inclusiveness and global brotherhood, supporting the ideas of world peace.

Dr Ikram also added that in 2022, about 22 thousand people have become patients of the centre and this year the target is to provide healthcare to 30 thousand patients. Of these, about 50-60 per cent (about 18 thousand people) receive completely free treatment, while the remaining 40 per cent are served for cash or insurance.

The main stream of patients who receive social care consists of Pakistani, Indian, Bangladeshi, Sri Lankan and Emirati nationals. Every patient of the medical centre, irrespective of the cost of treatment, receives top-notch therapy from the best doctors from all over the world.

Pakistan Medical Centre has 18 departments and its own laboratory including radiology. It is also planning to open a pharmacy this year. The centre works for all UAE residents who cannot afford paid medical care.

Apart from this, Pakistan Medical Centre is the first platform for volunteer medics in the UAE. Any doctor can become a volunteer, provided they have a work permit from the Dubai Health Authority and consent from the centre.

Source: Khaleej Times

Follow our Telegram Chanel